Extralite UltraTop 44
Extralite UltraTop 44 semi-integrated (Press-Fit internal cup) upper headset for 1.1/8"-1.1/2" standard or tapered forks. With high quality angular contact bidirectional stainless steel micro bearing. Only 14.7 gr weight. Compatibie with 44 mm inner diameter upper head tube bore frames. Made in Italy.
Terms of sale
Extralite UltraTop 44 are a member of UltraTopBottom headsets big family, developed by Extralite to fit almost every different headset standard on the market.
All these different standards makes confusion and isn't so easy to know which standard is correct for yur bike, so the best way to go is to measure frame headtube bore with the help of a precision caliper :
With the correct measure and the help of the follow chart, you should be able to choose the correct headset for your bike. You can also find an high-resolution version of this chart inside product pictures.
Extralite UltraTop 44 is the upper part of the headset that will fit frames with integrated or semi-integrated, standard or tapered (1.1/8"-1.1/2") headset. It's a Press-Fit internal cup type. Upper headtube bore must have 44 mm inner diameter.
Headset Equipment :
- A Press-Fit cup Al7075T6 CNC machined and black anodized with an high quality steel radial micro cartridge bearing with double seals
- An upper cover Al7075T6 CNC machined black anodized with laser etches with a preload o-ring
- A mounting ring Al7075T6 CNC machined natural aluminum that allow to press-fit upper cup without damaging micro bearing. A thin o-ring is installed on mountain ring...this o-ring should be installed between press-fit cup and upper cover as seal.
- An ultralight HyperCap Al7075T6 CNC machined black anodized with laser etched pin-up and logo, only 2.9 grams included its ultralight CNC special mounting bolt (You can choose UltraTop 44 with or without HyperCap)
- An ultralight Expander UltraStar 3 Al7075T6 CNC machined, only 5.9 grams (you can choose UltraTop 44 with or without UltraStar 3)
The weight in only 14.7 gr. (23.5 gr. HyperCap and UltraStar 3 included) so a sort of record! This incredible weight is obtained also with the help of the micro bearing that it isn't very strong and cannot handle loads/shocks from upper side, so we raccomand to use UltraTop 44 only for Road and XC use. For heavy duty condition please choose "UltraTop 44 HD" version, you can find it inside our webshop.
Stainless steel avoid corrosion, and the high quality bearing will assure a precise and smooth action better than cheaper stock headsets.
Extralite Headsets has a minor stack height than standard ones especially for the upper part of the headset. This is an advantage because :
- You can get a lower handlebar riding height with the same steering/control parts, and this is important especially with 29" bicycles.
- You can use a fork that has a short cutted headtube.
- You can use a fork with a longer travel without modify handlebar riding height (of course steering angle will change a little)
We remember you that's also possible to use standard 1.1/8" forks on frames with tapered headset, with the help of the special Extralite Extrabolt 16 adapter :
With this adapter headset bearing will work directly on and headset tapered lower cone will not be installed.
Extralite UltraTop 44 is an high quality product Made in Italy
- Weight :
- 14.7 gr.
- Headset Style :
- Press Fit Internal Cup
- Head Tube Bore :
- 44 mm
- Tolerance :
- 43.95 - 44.00 mm
- Fork Standard :
- Standard 1.1/8" or Tapered 1.1/8" - 1.1/2"
- SHIS :
- Stack Height :
- 5.8 mm
- Bearing Type :
- Radial Micro Cartridge
- Bearing Material :
- Finish :
- Black anodized
- Graphics :
- Laser etched
- Use :
- XC, road
- Fitting :
- Scott Scale, Spark, etc.